I like to run. I like how while I'm running, nothing else seems to matter but putting one foot in front of the other. Everything seems to fade away. The final sprint, at the end of a run for me is something I can't describe. It's close to flying. Everything you've been through to get to this point, it all boils down to this. The finish. You forget about the pain in your legs, and the stitch in your chest. You just run.
Stopping is harder than starting. Everything hits you after that final sprint; you're legs shake, and you take in laboured gulps of air. You feel thirsty, you feel dizzy. All you're other life problems hit you aswell. Now that you no longer have to force yourself to keep moving forward, your mind is free to go off and worry about everything other challenge you are facing in life. But despite it all, at the end of a run you can't help but feel a sense of accomplishment. You could've just spent an hour wasting life on facebook, but no-you got up and went for a run. And you made it back alive.
So yeah, there's my inspirational words for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment