Music. I'm not sure about all you people out there reading this (hi stan, sarah and lydia-stop stalking me.) but music means alot to me. One song can drive you run those few extra miles, put a bounce in your step as you walk home at the end of the day. One song can evoke memories, tears, happiness, anger. A song can be like a friend, when your down and feel like you have none.
"the fountain" by pendulum is such a song. You know how you go through lil' phases with songs, playing them over and over, day after day. I went through such a phase with this song whilst I was travelling round Europe with the family last year. I have distinct memories of listening to this song whilst driving around a round-about to get onto the road that lead to my great-aunties house in Italy. Also remember playing it on a Parisian train to Disney Land. Basically, this song reminds me of what I can easily call the greatest time of my life. I don't listen to it as much now but whenever I do the memories come flooding back; mainly of driving around Italian countrysides stuck in a volvo my dad despised, visiting family I never knew I had. Visiting family meant a meal that could seriously keep me full for three days, but every day I seemed to be having one, if not two of these massive meals.
Nevertheless, they were damn good meals.
But besides this song bringing back these lovely memories, I like lyrics of the song.
"Behind my eyes, is rage alone, but you don't understand-it was all home-grown".
^^this line i sometimes feel I can relate to because sometimes I feel I'm an angry child and what better to blame it on but the shizz that has gone down at home in my life.
Food for though? ...whatever that mean.
No comments:
Post a Comment