Trololol

inside the mind of a wannabe rock-star, angsty teenage girl with an over-reactive imagination.

Monday, July 23, 2012

"the smoke will settle, the demons will come"

I think the reason people change is because our fears change. I'm not talking about those little irrational fears people have towards spiders, snakes ect, but those fears that kept us awake at night. The scary possibility the 5 year old version of ourselves lost sleep over, the ghosts that the little us was convinced inhabited the attic. But we reach an age when we realise that the monsters under our bed were never really there and for a few years we're fearless. But growing up, we're attacked by a new set of fears. Fears on steroids really. We fear what we know is real. Growing up, responsibility, ourselves. The monsters aren't under the bed any more, they're in our heads. Clichéd I know, but true. And once in our heads, these monsters are rather hard to get out. I think people change in accordance to their fears. We react in different ways to different insecurities. Some ways better than others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment