inside the mind of a wannabe rock-star, angsty teenage girl with an over-reactive imagination.
Monday, May 7, 2012
"I still press your letters to my lips"
Certain things bring up certain memories, and music is one of those memory-evoking things. Songs you loved in the past can bring up past memories, ideas ect. Listening to those songs again, you're kind of bombarded by those memories, and the person you were listening and basically obsessing over that song. It's sad really how fast things change, in what really is hardly time at all. What would the little me think of the me today? Will it always be something along the lines of (quote parkway drive once again god these people are philosophical) "what the fuck have I become?" (or as I would've said "what the fluff have I become"-too innocent to swear) as we fall deeper into this ugly world. Or does it get better? Does growing up make us better people. From what we're taught to expect as kids, the answer is yes. But now this concept of "growing up" is one just flinging us all deeper into some hole and making us all the people we said we'd never be. Or maybe it's just me.
Snuff-Slipknot.
To get all personal and shit, this song reminds me of a time where I was innocent, and also a moment in my life where I swore I'd never become a certain person, and well sadly-that person is me now.
No comments:
Post a Comment