Repeating gain all this time, gain is a really strange word.
Trololol
inside the mind of a wannabe rock-star, angsty teenage girl with an over-reactive imagination.
Monday, April 23, 2012
I really can't think of any cool song lyrics that relate to happiness but hi
I think one belief about happiness is that it can be attained through personal gain. I'm not sure if this is just human nature, or just a sign of how screwed up society is these days. There's the whole materialistic level of it- where people spend money to buy happiness, but I think there's also a deeper aspect to it all. People don't exactly "gain" babies, but they have them to be happy in a way. People enter into relationships-in a sense "gaining" a companion to bring happiness. Even helping others out has some kind of gain to it all- the admiration of others and if you look at it through religious eyes, you gain a place in heaven with whoever you believe in. But ones personal gain can also equate to another persons sadness. Or the personal gain can bring the person gaining stuff sadness. It's all one giant cycle, in a way an intense paradox. Then again life is just one giant paradox and I guess this is just a piece of it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment