A recent trip to Thailand has really tripped me out on how many people there really are in this world. And overall just how large this world is. There are people everywhere, wherever you go. Most you see but don't give a second thought about-just another person doing what they can to survive in this crazy world just like the seven billion other people in the world. But seven billion is an overwhelmingly large number, and thinking about just how many people there are in this world makes me feel so tiny. Like I'm just one stitch in the massive tapestry that is this earth. That really nothing I do will have much effect. Sure my actions will ripple out and affect people but how many ripples can dropping a small pebble into an ocean cause. Airports are really where I witness how many people share the same planet as me; so many different faces, languages, cultures parading around even just the bathroom. The awkward people photo-bombing photographs you take anyway really, do you ever think about what they're doing at this exact moment? Are they on some flight to another corner of the world, asleep safely in their home, or amidst some life crisis?
I'm not sure where this is going, but it's leaving me with some feeling of insignificance, and a desire to show some kind of significance to this world.
No comments:
Post a Comment