Trololol

inside the mind of a wannabe rock-star, angsty teenage girl with an over-reactive imagination.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

this is the way I wanted to live, but you know I was scared of the world.

These past two days have been filled with revelations. Revelations about myself, and revelations about the different types of people in this world, and how screwed up some people are.

I'll start with me.

Yesterday I discovered just how little of my true self I let even those extremely close to me see. I can hide in my room all I want and tell myself I don't care about what other people think of me, but when faced with the possibility of being forced up onto a stage infront of your entire year group to dance- it turns out I really do care what people think of me. And if anything, it's sad.

An Indian man with cool shoes told us all that due to a fear of being judged, and a bunch of cruel words that may have been said to us during life as we grow older we build up barriers around who we really are - our "spirit". These walls limit our comfort zone- the places where we feel free to let our true self show.

Thinking about it all, I'm not even sure I have a comfort zone.

I hate talking about myself to other people, I rarely let people know how I really feel, deep and meaningful discussions about my life aren't really my piece of pie. So apparently, this just makes me a bad leader with no courage whatsoever. But seriously, who really does reveal their true selves to the rest of the world?

My experience is that telling people your secrets, is just going to end up with them talking about it all behind your back, it's just natural. Telling people what you're really like-for example with me, telling people casually that despite my apparently innocent appearance, I'm a fan of the crazy hardcore screamo music 99.99% of the world seem to hate-just ends up with people making false assumptions about who you really are.

I'm not crazy, emotionally challenges, depressed or suicidal. It's just good music. Yet the people who know this about me judge me, even if it's pointing to a chick with hair that only covers half her head decked out in black clothing with those scary platform shoes and saying "that's you in 5 years".

Whether it is, or it isn't, it still hurts- the fact that people stereotype me just because I fancy music that involves the occasional heavy bass-line and screaming male singer. But after yesterday, as hypocritical as it may seem I want to get to know others better- because it turns out, although many people seem okay, most of us are really not okay. And I want to change that. We're young, we should be able to screw things up in life and have someone that will always be there to listen to our problems and have our back.

Me in five years time brings me to my next point about life. This Indian with cool shoes asked us to reflect on what we were, what we are know, what we will become and how we want to be remembered in this world.

I was once confident with who I was, now I'm slightly scared of who I am in a way- I'm angry, I'm weird, not confident. What the hell would the little me think of me now-not much.

Quote Parkway Drive- "What the fuck have I become".
But hey, knowing me this is all one slightly large over-exaggeration.

In five years, I know where I want to end up. I want to help people, I want to travel, I want to experience different places and different cultures in the world. I want to run a marathon, I want to be an independent woman. I want to write for a music magazine. I want to change the world in some way. I want to fight poverty. I want to be apart of some kind of heavy rock band.

I want alot.

How I want to be remembered: I want to be remembered as an independent woman, that changed the world even if it was in a small way. I want to be someone who was always seen with a smile, someone that never gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment